View Single Post
Old 12-03-2017, 05:04 AM   #4
1Loud63PU

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGSigns View Post
Post some pictures. Not sure if you meant 350 engine. There are numbers on the front left of the engine on the deck surface that can further refine your engine and this may make it easier to find a carb kit. Carb may be really lean as it should not take 5 pumps to get it to fire up. One should do it. Many things other than the carb can cause the issues you have including bad timing, bad distributor cap, burnt valves, and the list goes on. So take a good look at everything to get a good idea of the overall condition of your new ride. I have 40 series flow masters on my 66 and they sound like crap unless you run a cross over and that takes the bark out of them. I am getting ready to go to 2 into one with 2 1/2" pipe to the union and 3" out through a 50 series flow master. Saw this setup on an engine on my buddies dyno and it made good power and sound.
Jimmy
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I meant 350.
I will post some pictures tomorrow.
Ok it will start with 2 pumps of the gas pedal.
I haven't tried it with 1 pump.
I did get the summit racing 3" headers on there.
They are really loud but sound pretty great!

I am thinking of buying a muffler valve that will go from the exhaust pipe and dump out half way through the truck then have the other side of the valve go to a quiet exhaust. Straight pipe when I want the noise, and silent when cruising.
Currently battling the radio cutting off when the volume is up, bought a new stereo today to see if it will help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirJim View Post
Take a look at this! Print it take it with you while working on the quad.

http://www.corvettefaq.com/c3/QJetTuningPaper.doc

Carbs unlimited were great with me.
Wow very informative! Thank you.

Looks like I have a 1980 Cadillac carb.

Tuning the jets seems confusing. I will have to read it over a few times.
I am used to doing jets on Dirtbike's or ATVs, but those are single main jets.
I will probably go with carbs unlimited then.
Just need to see what main jet to get.
Running a k&n filter and sometimes might be straight pipe exhaust or going through a muffler. That might be an issue.
Posted via Mobile Device
1Loud63PU is offline   Reply With Quote