View Single Post
Old 03-16-2018, 06:11 PM   #727
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Re: 1991 V3500 Project Heavy Hauler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTCK View Post
Hey Kacy, I still owe you cam specs.

I finally got tired of taking my crappy radiator in and out to have the shop fix the latest leak it sprung. So I went to Napa and got a part number NR 2071 Napa brand radiator coming. No more spectra Chinese radiator! They only wanted $50 for freight and the price was right.

Imagine my surprise when I picked it up today and it was a spectra CU774. Same freaking part number. This one is made in Japan though and survived the trip over the pond much better with no dings. So I thought Larry had one from Canada, and now I have China and Japan covered.
That is awesome! Ya, all three of my CU774’s were made in Canada, eh. You probably remember the story of my Suburban during the 8.1L swap where I got 3 CU774’s and each were beat to smithereens in the same spots thanks to their pisspoor packing. Even the last one I got as a freebie from the Spectra rep needed work. Hopefully the made in Japan CU774’s are better quality than the Canuck radiators. The last one I got still needed work as the upper radiator port was so close to the side tank pinch weld you couldn’t slide a hose clamp on it. I had to have a radiator shop to some tweaking to make it work. Outside of that and the shipping woes, Spectra usually builds top notch goods! We reworked one of the other CU774's I had left over and it is now in Rob's K5.3 Blazer albeit it may be too much radiator as now the little 5.3 struggles to get up to temperature

The truck is looking good Markus! Glad to see you are putting it to work
DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote