Thread: Wampus Cat
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2018, 07:29 PM   #1
TxCajun

Wampus Cat

I found this '66 C10 SWB Fleetside, six cylinder 3-speed manual in August of 2017. From the dealer bumper and the limited information that I have, it appears to have been purchased from a dealer in Itasca, Texas (home of the high school Wampus Cats). It has spent its life in that general area of Texas and appears to have not been on the road since the early 90's.
There is a lot of bondo on various spots of the body; the cab floor has been fiberglass patched; there is rust above the windshield in the cab roof.
The cab and frame VIN numbers match; the bed does not appear to be original to the truck (evidence of side trim mounting holes) and has a steel tread plate floor; the left front fender and some front sheet metal do not appear to be original.
Non-running and no brakes when purchased.
Leaking from all orifices and the bottom is covered with 1 or 2 inches of petrified oil and dirt.
I'm not planning on doing any major restoration. I'd like to just get it roadworthy and enjoy using it while continuing to make upgrades here and there.
Attached Images

TxCajun is offline   Reply With Quote