View Single Post
Old 03-28-2018, 11:16 PM   #17
Robznob11

Re: LED Tail Light Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87Skier View Post
I could see that being an issue. I have heard mixed information when it comes to positive apply vs. negative apply for the brake circuit and LS swaps.

If you are going to use LED tail-lamps, use the digital flashers someone posted above. If you have trouble with the turn signals flashing too fast or not at all, add a load resistor. If your having trouble with the torque converter after all this and you have verified it in a scanner, then add a relay with pull-up/pull-down resistors depending on your situation.
Many times if you add a LED flasher and it does not blink it is because the led flashers are polarity sensitive and the wires need to be unpinned and reversed. You can also buy adapters to reverse polarity on a stock style fuse box. Many times people can't figure out why they flash on hazzard but not on turn, this is usually the reason. The hazard side will work because the way they are hooked up has more load...I suspect that current somehow backfeeds and finds ground. But the turn is separated and has no way for the extra load or backfeed. Also since gm did not have flashers that were polarity specific they did not care which side was hot or ground. So its possible for the turn to be opposite of the hazard on the harness.
,,,,,,,/__(⊙)___//___/__(O)_/

@disciple2.rc 💪instagram💪
LED TAILS
Robznob11 is offline   Reply With Quote