View Single Post
Old 09-19-2018, 09:02 AM   #11
chewychevy67

Re: Can a 12v Momentary switch operate an on/off accessory?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67 Burb View Post
Is this to change the stall speed of your converter? If it is, if you are going to tow a trailer, wouldn't you want this on for the whole trip? Or would you be turning it on and off during the trip? If you want it on for the duration of trip, then to shut off when you shut the truck off, there is a simple way to do it.

I built a circuit to activate my daytime running lights that is momentarily triggered when I press the brake pedal and shift out of "park" and stays on until I either turn the headlights on or shut the truck off. If this will suit your situation, I can post a diagram.
Yes it is. I have been told that if I tow with the variable pitch on I will generate a lot of heat. This is why I'm adding a transmission temp gauge but I want to be able to shut it off on command. I will probably never tow but you never know. This is the switch I'm using. When I turn it side to side it will turn off/on my gear vendor Overdrive and when I push it in it will turn my variable pitch off/on. I will have an indicator in my dash replacing the unused temp light is in the gas gauge letting me know the position it's in.
Attached Images

Last edited by chewychevy67; 09-19-2018 at 09:25 AM.
chewychevy67 is online now   Reply With Quote