View Single Post
Old 02-26-2017, 12:33 PM   #11
Dan in Pasadena

Re: Bed wood sealing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr48chev View Post
....there is a lot of difference of opinion but there are some first rate products out there for the brightwork (varnished or oiled wood) that a guy might look into.
Cetol is pretty popular with a lot of my sailboat friends and it comes either satin or gloss. https://www.jamestowndistributors.co...uct.do?pid=167
I read your post and assumed you were posting a link to something to keep brightwork shiny.

Are you saying this Cetol; if used alone, is sufficient to protect bedwood?

For any of you that also frequent GarageJournal.com, member Jack Olsen there did a very nice deck in his backyard using Ipa wood (if I remember correctly) and used some brand of Penta oil finish I think. It is very attractive from the photos I've seen and I am wondering how it compares to this Cetol stuff?

I LOVE high gloss clear on bedwood and mine will be covered whenever it is not being driven but I hate the idea of having to pull the bedwood and strip/refinish it every few years. Having a (hopefully) beautiful truck with yellowing, chipping, bubbling clear on the bedwood is a no go.

Dan's '55 Big Window "Build" - Well, Kinda!
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote