View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 03:35 PM   #7
luvbowties

Smile Re: Any center link gurus out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinchecharlie View Post
Ism trying to swap front end parts from a donor 84 to my 65. Well the center link is bent and I can't seem to find one? Wondering if anyone knows of an compatible one? 4wd? S-10 ect..? I know from the fact section I can use an adapter tie rod adjuster sleeve and use the 65 steering linkage but since it's apart I would like to replace with new parts . One way or the other I will replace with new but I've read the late model steering linkage is more desirable? Thanks Charlie
Should have mentioned that I've all ready ordered late model spindles . Thought I could still use the brakes ect.. guess I could send them back but seems like a hassle.
FIRST: I'D RATHER REPLACE THAN BEND, BUT...If yours is bent not much worse than Chevy Mike's, find a hydraulic press with a wide opening to accept full length of center link and carefully/slowly press it back straight to the eyeball--should be plenty close enough and still safe. Do it all with one push. BTW, there must be several years that are identical; you don't necessarily need a 1984.
Sam
luvbowties is offline   Reply With Quote