Re: 1970 GMC Suburban... for the family

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyndn View Post
dang, seems like you cant win for losing... i love the burb tho
Lesson learned, pull the plugs AND dizzy to look inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67chevy1series View Post
well how is the 4th door goin
I have a cab that is up at my buddies house that is donating its B pillar as soon as the Yukon gets out of the way... Feb is my deadline to get back to work on the burb door!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Delux View Post
On the brightside you have all the same pistons.
Hardy Har Har! I have a "useable" block too! Overhaul in progress... Stay tuned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesburb View Post
Damn!! If that ain't just a kick in the shorts. I was looking forward to your new-found motivation.
Yeah... Hate to keep everyone waiting... I have been cleaning out the burb whenever I get frustrated with the engine. Its nice that one project doesnt frustrate me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
Man that sucks! Is who ever you purchased it from going to try to make it right with you?
I have not called him on it yet... for what I paid for it, I'm not out anything but time really...

On a side note, I wanted to use the same seat I had in my 96 pick-up in the burb, but I found this on eB@y (sorry for stealing your picture). I am concerned about fit! Anyone seen a split bench out of a 95-99 GM truck in a 67-72? Notice this one is not centered either.

A little bit of fun, here are some pictures one of the guys took of me at work last night

Cell Phone pictures...

I will have more on getting the Yukon out of the way, I am working on the engine today.

YOU ONLY FAIL IF YOU STOP TRYING

70 Crew Cab Build Link

70 GMC Suburban 4X4 build thread

95 Yukon Daily Driver

Rebuilding an NP205
jbclassix is offline   Reply With Quote