View Single Post
Old 02-07-2017, 03:18 AM   #77
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: Post a real Cheyenne Super only (aka the defiinitive Cheyenne Super thread)!

[quote=jocko;7850701]I believe you are correct Tristan. I guess I just meant you could get one in 71 or 72 - but good point, the 71 should be a little more rare as a post-rollout release. I KNEW I shoulda held onto ol greenie!

That's an awesome truck, love everything about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402 View Post
The steering wheel is a replacement? In other terms, was black an option with blue interior?

Black wheel and column is correct on a tilt truck like yours. Non-tilt would have had both blue.

Thanks Tony - that 71 was gonna be a keeper, but then I stumbled onto the Highlander I have and had to make room - used to move around a lot and it got pricey to ship a fleet... So I had to kinda flip my planned frame-off quickly before it ever got that far. Before and after pics below - it was a real fun quick project. I liked the "hidden Super" effect of a 71 Super that is also a Custom Camper. Are you referring to the lower belt molding (black vs woodgrain) or are you referring to a black truck's glovebox door? Wasn't sure what you were referring to in with black vs woodgrain.
Interesting stuff (tilt=black)............Thanks for noticing the column too. I didn't think about it until after I had posted.

As for black Vs wood grain, I mean the interior, lower belts and band. Generally I prefer black/Custom over Cheyenne/Super. Wood grain with olive colors is at least one exception. Looks great with stock yellow as well.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s of OEM identifications and part numbers, all written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote