View Single Post
Old 05-04-2018, 01:22 AM   #6
28TudorAZ

Re: Starting a 52 Chevy 3100 Project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
nice start! that s10has a blazer headlight swap, thats the best looking front end in my opinion. not that you are keeping it.

I tell everyone, mounting the body, especially with all the plans for mounts that exist, is the easiest part. its the rest, the wiring and the brakes and the pedals and the engine and the trans and the driveshaft and the fuel tank and the fuel lines and the seat and the column... thats where you will spend the time. gird your loins! we are here to help!
We felt bad tearing apart of perfectly good truck. Well not really. My dad really liked the smooth ride of it though. I probably could have winged it with the fabrication but why when someone has done all the hard work of measuring it for you. I read through your thread on your truck. Looking really good. I like how you did the paint. Gives me some ideas. I planned on doing the interior really nice as well. I probably will be on the same timeline as you. Your at 8 months and almost done. You have some major metal working skills by the way. I luckily will not have to do so much since we are not retaining the 4.3 and my dad wants to go carbureted 350/700R4. I was leaning towards LS. He doesn't like all the electronic stuff. We still have some time though and I might be able to get it done cheaper with the LS stuff since we would only need a motor and convince him but probably not. I am fine with either way.

Hopefully this weekend we can get the S10 stripped to the frame and get the 52 cab off the old frame. Anyone know any reason to retain any of the body brackets and running boards brackets off the old frame? Or is it better to just make new ones?
28TudorAZ is offline   Reply With Quote