View Single Post
Old 05-05-2018, 12:07 PM   #20
MARTINSR

Re: Starting a 52 Chevy 3100 Project.

Joe, why is this so hard to understand? First off, I drive every single day, EVERY-SINGLE-DAY a 1959 Rambler with a flathead motor, tiny drum brakes that don't even have self adjusters (that was an option) a three speed without sycros and the most archaic IFS ever. And yes my truck is going to once again be a daily driver and I will do so without changing the frame.

I toss out this question when ever someone talks about the S-10. I toss it out there and leave it at that. Some new guy comes in and asks about the S-10 frame and I toss out this simple question, "What are your expectations" and I am some how evil?

I know that I had listened to people and did a Camaro frame clip on my truck. One day I drove a guys dropped I beam axle truck at work and I was blown away at how nice it drove, that day I put my clipped frame up for sale and got a stocker.

Back 10 years ago I was driving a stone stock 65 Skylark and THOUGHT I needed all the modern amenities and sold it when I bought a Ford SHO. I drove that for a few years and found it wasn't fun and got the Rambler. I made a few mistakes thinking I HAD TO have that modern car, and I was mistaken.

I just toss this out there for guys. I don't say YOU ARE WRONG, I don't say that and I don't think that, I simply toss this out so guys can see another way to look at it and I am evil?

Yep, I am not a talker, I live it, I drive that 1959 Rambler EVERY-SINGLE-DAY in the SF bay area.

Brian
Attached Images

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote