Old 05-17-2018, 01:22 PM   #42
SCOTI

Re: 84' 3/4 lowered advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightrider View Post
thats ****ty of them i found these...

https://www.performanceonline.com/71...e-2-half-inch/
Quote:
yeah crazy.... so what spring to spindle ratio is best??
It just takes a call to verify they aren't substituting. They may not be for the squarebody suspension. In January, they were for the OBS/88-00 C20/30 spindles as the foundry where they get them was having issues & ceased production (their explanation).

The best spindle/spring ratio is subjective to each individual need. Using the combo of the two is usually the best approach. The deciding factors would be amount of drop & wheel choice (diameter, back-spacing/offset).

For a 4/6 on your described truck, I'd opt for a 2-2.5" spindle + trimming 1-coil from the factory springs if the truck rides decent @ the current height. Then, some combination to achieve the 6" drop on the rear. I usually opt for flip kits on C10's because IMO they're easier to install. Since flip kits on 3/4 or 1-ton trucks yield more than 6" of drop, you have to factor in what it will take to achieve/adjust to get the amount you want. Compare that to the alternatives (shackle/hanger; removing leafs; etc).
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote