View Single Post
Old 06-30-2018, 08:56 PM   #55
Rich69shortfleet

Re: Need help with dash lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Gold View Post
Rich, that red looks great, thanks for testing that out!
It may not be quite as good a contrast as the green light, but way ahead of my all dark dash!
Also, I will have to look into the glove box light too, didn't know these truck had a light there...

Thanks again!
Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stocker View Post
Well, a lot of these trucks, including mine, had no glove box light from the factory. There are kits available from various vendors to add a light. That's what I did, and I'm considering changing to a brighter light for it.
That's right, the glovebox light was an option. I added it to mine using a socket and harness I got off one in the junkyard. My truck originally didn't even have a cigar lighter! It was real low optioned.

The dash LEDs are a inexpensive and easy way to improve and upgrade the look of the dash. All kinds of colors are available. The red looks slightly subdued probably due to the inside of the housing being painted light green which takes a bit of the edge off the intensity of the red. These red LEDs are very bright and luxuriously red when seen directly or from behind a red or white lens. But they still make the instrument panel look interestingly different. I'm going to stick with the green though. For now. Of course they are so easy to change, you could have a different color every week if you cared to.

I'm glad some folks are finding the contents of this thread useful and helpful.
Rich69shortfleet is offline   Reply With Quote