View Single Post
Old 01-21-2023, 05:13 PM   #11
data89

Re: Fuel gauge, front fender marking lights quit working after new cluster installed

Quote:
Originally Posted by VetteVet View Post
Here is the diagram of the front turn signals and side markers. The power for the marker lights begins at the fuse panel with the 12-gauge orange wire which feeds the light switch. From there it connects with a brown wire to all the small lights.
A 12-gauge wire from the key switch accessory terminal goes to the fuse panel and feeds the turn signal flasher, via a purple wire. Then the purple wire goes to the steering column harness and feeds the turn signal switch.
The parking and marker lights are not on that circuit. They come off the accessory side of the fuse panel as I said.

Attachment 2252114

The orange wire at the head light switch also feeds the dash light control rheostat in the headlight switch which runs back to the fuse panel via a green wire to the dash lights fuse. From there a gray wire goes to the circuit panel plug-in.
I suspect that your dash lights not working, begins at that point. Or possibly at the orange wire connection on the headlight switch.
I have those diagrams if you need me to post them.
That's a handy schematic, thank you.
data89 is offline   Reply With Quote