View Single Post
Old 02-11-2007, 02:37 AM   #14
69-350
Oil trash and damn proud of it

Re: 4L60E Trans Shifts hard from 1st to 2nd?

hey, want to dig this one back to the top. Anyways, my truck's been shifting hard (1 to 2, hard; 2 to 3 okay; 3 to 4 just a little hard shift) and threw me an engine code (it's done it before, once, I'm guessing it's the same code for the tranny) and with 130k miles on it, I'm sure the tranny's trying to tell me she's gettin old and worn out. I pulled the dipstick to make sure, the tranny fluid smelled kinda funny, and there were chunks of material on the dipstick, assummingly pieces of my clutch packs.

So I'm figuring I'm going to have to have my transmission replaced (which would happen in a few years anyways, so might as well get it done now). So when I go down to the Clutch and Transmission shop, what should I ask them for? A stock tranny would work, but you guys were talking about these kits... now, this thing is my DD, and I'd like it to shift rather smooth, ya know. Don't want to be just cruisin the main drag, and at every intersection be snapping my neck, just at a normle take off (now, a full throttle take off is different, but that's a different story).

So my question is, while getting a reman'ed, or rebuilt tranny, what should I request for it? Anything special? Just ask for a rebuild? Ask if they can get me a rebuild and put some stuff in it?

1997 K1500 Z71, 14 bolt SF 3.73 posi, Bright Blue Metallic. 6" Superlift
1972 C-10, toolbox, p/s, 350/TH350/3.73 open, black int., bronze
2008 Dodge MegaCab. H&S tuned 6.7 Cummins. Fast Four Tons

Some of my pics http://s107.photobucket.com/albums/m294/69-350/
69-350 is offline   Reply With Quote