View Single Post
Old 06-14-2019, 07:53 AM   #2109
special-K
Special Order

Re: My Facetruck thread.

Kills poison ivy.

Remind me not to get into any pissin' matches with Other Larry.
................................................................................................

I just read that this year was the last "Rolling Thunder" in Washington, DC. They will do local and region runs, but things got too complicated and expense I guess. This event has happened every memorial day since 1988. I never go because I'm not into the crowd thing, but being close to DC there are rides in from all the dealers and other starting points throughout, and we get to see (and hear) pack and packs of bikes riding in from all over the country. When I was driving my '72 K2500 home Memorial Day weekend on I-70 in '01 a huge pack of bikes came off of I-75, mostly Michigan plates. I-75 comes on from the left and they all came rolling by me. Took a while. They were steady rollin', but were in sight until traffic opened up. Truly rolling thunder

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote