View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 10:57 PM   #1
TBONE1964
Cluster King

Very nice 69-72 tach/vac cluster with wood grain

Here is one from the inventory that I put together. First off this cluster has a bezel made by Cheyenne Superman (Gary Terry). He does by far the best bezel work I have seen yet. I can arrange getting a matching glove box door insert that matches this wood grain.

Speedometer is a very nice OE that is spot on accurate, quite and no needle bounce.

Tach is in my opinion marginal. It does seem to work ok after just a clean up. I have seen the needle stick before cleaning but nothing after.

Fuel gauge is spot on also with test 0-90 ohm on my bench.

I use a nearly NOS amp gauge in this one but could be converted to volt gauge. Ask me for the details if interested.

The temp gauge is a new GM Restoration Parts unit that is spot on the the original OE temp gauges. I added the pink resistor for the ladies

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the vacuum gauge is a OE gauge with a restored face.

Upgraded oil pressure gauge to an 80 lb OE gauge.

The tins are all bead blasted and painted. You all that know me will notice I have changed my tin color up a little. I like the new look over the old gloss grey.

The lens is a nice OE that I polished on for a while. It came out just fine. These lens are getting so hard to find in a restorable condition.

The rest is just the same passion we put into all of these clusters.

Please note that I can swap this tach out with a more reliable aftermarket factory style tach for an additional $100.00 if interested.

I am looking to get $600.00 plus shipping for this cluster.

Thank you for the interest,
Tom
Attached Images

I am also a dealer for Counterpart for gauge cluster parts only.

Also see my facebook page, CG&C
TBONE1964 is offline   Reply With Quote