GEARHEAD

Re: Over 25 Years Later, Finally My 71 C-10 Truck Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palf70Step View Post
I like it! Good rake to it.
I think it's good right there too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
Nice work. I love your band saw and the new stance looks great!
Thanks. I got that saw at a farm auction for about $75.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbassin View Post
Bummer about the loose belt, glad it was a simple fix. Pain having to change the water pump though. I dig the funnel idea

Very nice work on the lowering blocks too. You have a nice "machine shop" there.
Your truck looks great! I will be doing the same soon. If you don't mind, what did that place charge for the bolts? did you just have them add 1.5" to the stock length? thanks
I really didn't mind the water pump swap. Something I was sorta planning to do anyway. I have had the chance to buy real machine shop tools, like a lathe and milling machine, but declined because I just don't have the room for it yet. My next place will have a shop or room for me to build the shop I want and then I can accept the deals when I come across them. I had some training in high school (back when the schools still supported such things) and had more when I was in the navy. I think I would have been a good machinist if I had gone that route.

They charged plenty for the U-bolts. $60 because I got the full 3/4" diameter ones. I think the kits use 5/8". I told them the dimensions I needed and thats what they made me. I can't remember if they were 1-1/2" or 2" longer. I think 1-1/2" because there was still some threads showing through so if I used 2" blocks the bolts should still be long enough. They were about 10" long.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote