View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014, 08:31 AM   #1242
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Over 25 Years Later, Finally My 71 C-10 Truck Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
:LOL: Well good luck either way. Might not be a bad idea to order a spare pump just in case. It will last a long time if you have a back up.
I found out it was cheaper to add emergency roadside assistance to my insurance policy than to buy a spare pump. $1/mo per car. So I added it to my truck and my daughters car since she has decided to join the road trip. She will go to some of the same places as my son and I, but take her own route for parts of it and instead of power tour she wants to leave earlier and head SE a bit further.

The alignment was done yesterday. A word of caution to those of you that haven't had this done. The cost they quote you for alignment is just for checking it. Adjustments add to the cost. Sometimes significantly. Mine was $271.

I had them try to reach the following specs based on info from the "make it handle" thread. +5* caster, -.5* camber, 1/8" toe in. They couldn't quite do it. I was a bit surprised how much caster I started with (alignment sheet attached below with before/after) because I didn't move my LCA's as far fwd as some have on that mod. But just doing that I had 6-7* caster. The further static drop from removing my spacers under the coils really messed with the camber though and they could only get it out to 1.24-1.45* so I will have to see how the road wear is at that. Spacers are maxed out on the UCA studs.

They also adjusted the rear axle too. They said it was probably dog legging a little. But it's rolling smooth and easy now. Almost ready for the big trip. Leaving here saturday and heading to Kansas City to see fellow board member low elco and have some fun there before heading east through St Louis and into IL.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote