View Single Post
Old 06-22-2017, 10:19 PM   #23
PBFAB.COM

Re: PB Stage 2 Deluxe Front Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Makeit View Post
Brandon

I called and spoke to you directly. I asked for torque specs for the cross shaft nuts. You stated to me that Nathan was busy welding and you needed to speak to him and would call me back in 5 minutes with that information. I never rec'd that call. I eventually found a thread on this board where Nathan said that the nut should bottom out the crush sleeve bushing then go an additional 1/4 turn. That's what I did.

As far as the zerks, it wasn't the zerk fitting being undersize, the hole itself was oversize. As a machinist for over 25 years, it was fairly easy for me to spot the issue. Guys not familiar with metal working and proper tap drills may not realize the issue.

Not meant as a bash by any means. Some of the nicest components I've ever purchased and just wanted to point out my experience. A set of instructions on the control arm kit would go a long way to help explain some of the small things that pop up. Hope my input helps you guys improve your processes and products.
Willie,

I apologize Nate never called you back with the torque specs. We're typically very efficient at returning calls.

As for the zerk fittings, if it was an issue why didn't you mention it on the phone? I'd have been happy to resolve the issue. Even more important is being made aware of it. That part comes directly from our machine shop, so I'll reach out to them tomorrow to be sure they are aware. We certainly don't want a batch of lower arms going out with a zerk fitting issue.

Please let us/me know next time you have a problem. If we aren't informed, we don't have an opportunity to fix it. I try hard to provide excellent customer service. Sometimes I fail, and I apologize that happened in this case.

Brandon

Phone: 480-297-2621

E-mail: sales@pbfab.com

Find us on FaceBook under Porterbuilt Fabrication

Specializing in Chassis and Suspension Components for your Classic Chevrolet Truck.

We offer components from the following manufacturers:

Porterbuilt
Accuair
Ridetech (Air Ride Technologies)
Air Lift
Wilwood
Intro
Unisteer
ECE
Gotta Show
Air Lift
Borgeson