View Single Post
Old 10-16-2018, 09:22 PM   #68
slowcpe

Re: 1972 Medium Olive SWB Driver Build-“Chester”

Not much progress other than driving every chance I get. Since the new carb/intake I haven’t gone a week without driving it at least once. No problems to date.

Oh wait...that last statement isn’t quite true. Decided to drive the truck to work today. Started up fine and other than the choke kept coming back on it drove great. Stopped by the convenience store by work to get breakfast. Saw the old men that are there every morning for coffee and gossip looking as I pulled up. Shut the truck off, went in and got breakfast and headed back to the truck. Got in, turned the key, and nothing. Truck wouldn’t even turn over. Went back in and asked the “men’s club” if anyone had jumper cables. All said no but one guy reluctantly said he did. Head out the door and he said “I’m in the white Chevy pickup”. I responded that I’m in the old green Chevy. He immediately purcked up and starting talking. He was now more interested in helping.

A quick jump and the truck fired right up. In the mean time he tried selling me a motor for Chester...a 421 stroked sbc. Asked if it was streetable and he replied “nope!” I passed.

Drove to the office, pulled the battery, drove down the road to the local mom and pop battery/alternator store and walked out with a new Interstate battery. Totally wasn’t planning spending that much money today. Put the battery in and now all I have to do is look at the key and the truck starts. Didn’t realize how bad the battery was. Just blamed it on an old truck.

Got home just fine and decided to tackle the dome light wiring finally. That turned into an affair which led to robbing the light switch out of the ‘67. Pretty sure that switch originally came out of my old blue truck. But now I have interior lights.

Next I apparently need to look into the choke.

No pics for this post.
1967/71 Blue SWB C10..SOLD
1977 SWB K10..my grandpa's.....never should have sold
slowcpe is offline   Reply With Quote