View Single Post
Old 12-11-2018, 02:08 AM   #1
fredscarryall

Wipers freaking out

My wipers in my 1990 454 ss are freaking out. One day last month i was working on my truck. When I was done I went inside. About 4 hours later I walked by my garage and I a heard a strange noise. I open my garage and my wipers were going. The switch was turned on but my keys were in my pocket. Turning the switch a bunch of times, I finally got it to shut off. I then disconnected the battery. The next day I connect the battery back up and the wipers and the washer pump started running. Again with my keys in my pocket. No matter how I turned the switch neither the wipers or washer pump would shut off. So I unplugged the connector going to wiper motor pulse board.I replaced the turn signal lever,the combination switch, ignition switch and the turn signal switch. Pluged it back in and it still wouldn’t shut off both no matter how I turned the lever. I then replaced the the wiper motor and pulse board with the newer style motor and pulse board ( with the c style pulse board ) because they no longer make the old style pulse board for the straight style boards. I then plugged in the new wiper motor and same thing. No mater how I turn the lever the washer pump and wiper keep running with no key in the ignition. So I unplugged it again. But now the rain has started and I need my wipers. Anyone ever have this problem or have an idea how to fix it. Another strange thing is ever since I bought my truck the power windows can go up and down without the key in the ignition. But for that, it only works when I push the window switch up and down. I looked under my dash and see no strange wires and everything looks factory. Here are pics of what I replaced so far.
Attached Images

Last edited by fredscarryall; 12-11-2018 at 02:37 AM.
fredscarryall is offline   Reply With Quote