View Single Post
Old 09-22-2023, 04:57 PM   #14
nsiti

Re: upper side trim clips

Hey all, I'm resurrecting this thread (since it was inconclusive) so as not to start a new one.

I'm looking for upper molding (side trim) clips for my 72 Suburban. I'm attaching photos of what the originals looked like (please note the spring is missing in the sample chosen for the up close photos). The last photo shows the clip installed (notice the spring). These would appear to be the originals. The tape measure in the photo is in cm (1 inch equals 2.54 cm).

As an aside, at the rear corner wings, it seems that some adhesive fastener might have been used originally. There don't appear to have been holes drilled from the factory in those places. Can anyone confirm this?

I haven't found any reproduction upper side molding clips for sale anywhere, even after hours of research. I am guessing that some universal molding fastener (possibly bolt-type) will have to be used. I calculate that 54 are required (6 per front door, 5 per barn door, 15 for the passenger side and 17 for the driver side).

For those of you that went through this, what fastener did you use, and where did you source them from?

Thanks for your assistance with this!

Regards,
Nick
Attached Images

Last edited by nsiti; 09-26-2023 at 09:17 AM. Reason: corrected # of fasteners and added breakdown
nsiti is offline   Reply With Quote