View Single Post
Old 03-11-2004, 03:35 PM   #10
russm57

After seeing the effect from my friend painting his valve covers I was afraid that the true look I have in mind is a two stage color process. That being the case I probably don't want to go that route because it's going to make it very costly to repair and touch up isn't it?
Our 69 is kind of a hot-rod look, so in that sense it would look good in a red tone. But I'm just not into the idea of painting it a color that's hard to make repairs to. I was told the "House of color" colors are like that also. Probably the darkest red I've seen on a factory paint job is on a new Corvette. My son told me it is a special color for the 50th anniversary edition??? I do tend to be one to shy away from doing the same thing everybody else is doing. For that reason I'm not sure a true red is what I want, but I'm not ruling it out. I think the blue I like may be a "midnight" blue. About 15 years ago I had a 75 Ford that I had repainted its original blue color, and I think that is the color we like, although a 15 year old memory is a little fuzzy. I do know it is a little lighter shade than the current Chevy color "cobalt", and it is pretty heavily metallic.
Anyway, thanks for all your input, and I would appreciate all the thoughts, suggestions and ideas I can get. I'll continue to check the board. Thanks again
russm57 is offline   Reply With Quote