View Single Post
Old 03-20-2016, 10:30 PM   #24
hoist00

Re: 4x4 steering issue - won't return to center

I'm 99% sure its your ball joints, I had the same issue with the Moog ball joints on my 2002 F250. Did everything right and it still would do the same thing, I ended up replacing just about every other thing in my front end thinking it couldnt be the new Moog ball joints! Drove it that way for almost a year (its my tow vehicle) and put maybe 2000 miles on it and it only got just a bit better. I finally decided to replace the ball joints with some high dollar dynatrac ones and guess what??? It fixed the problem, the brand new Moog ball joints were crap right out of the box! I did some research and found out that Moog had been sold and they started making there stuff in Mexico for a few years before they realized there product had turned to junk and I guess they have since fixed the problem but the old stock was still being sold.

You could try and do what someone else suggested and unbolt and torque them a few times to see if that helps. Even when I jacked my truck up to replace the Moogs on my truck I still couldnt actually feel the problem or any drag on the ball joints but boy the difference when I drove it was night and day after the Dynatracs where installed.
hoist00 is offline   Reply With Quote