View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 08:01 PM   #58
CSHADES

Re: Rebuilding my 1977 plow truck

As I was redoing the body on this truck I had to make a decision on what to do with the inside of the box. When I redid the truck the last time we just left the inside of the box as is. It held up fairly well over the years that way but was really rusty, beat up and just generally junk when I pulled it off the truck. I bought a new truck in 1997 and put a plastic bedliner in it. It was ok but I don't think it was very good on the paint under the liner. I bought a new truck in 2007 and had a line x bed liner sprayed in it. I will have to say the spray in bed liner still looks good after 10years, not that I have abused it the way I have this truck. So I decided to call line x that did my other truck and see if they would be interested in doing this truck. The first guy that I talked to said no problem just call when you are ready. The guy I talked to when I was ready 6 months later was not real enthused to say the least. I think he was expecting some old rusted out square body like the body I took off. So I got an appointment for the wensday before thanksgiving 2016 to take it down there. The place is about 40 miles away, so you can imagine my thoughts about driving this old vibrating 3/4 ton 4x4 down the interstate. I made it about halfway there and it started making a BAD noise in the engine. I am like great now what? So I ended up leaving at a park and ride lot just off the interstate and called the guy we use that could flat bed it back for me. Well for some reason the lock nut on the exhaust rocker arm on cylinder #2 decided it was done doing its job. The nut backed off, rocker arm came off the push rod and it was banging back through the carb. We had it fixed the same day in the shop but I couldn't get the truck back in to the liner place for 2 weeks. Needless to say the second trip down the interstate I was praying for no more issues at least for the trip there and back. I did get there but I had to fight the darn thing because it decided it was going to start stalling at every stop light. We ended up pulling the top off the carb and cleaning some crap out of it. The guy at the Line X place was a lot more agreeable after he saw the truck. The liner has a lifetime warranty and so while I was there I showed him the chips that my 2007 had in the tail gate. He said no problem and we popped the tail gate off and they fixed that at the same time they were doing the 77. I think the spray in liner was really worth doing and I hope it keeps the box decent for a long time.
Attached Images

CSHADES is offline   Reply With Quote