View Single Post
Old 12-31-2017, 09:57 AM   #16
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Re: Anyone running CB's in their truck these days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardJ View Post
SCTA - Southern California Timing Association, Land Speed Racing at Bonneville and El Mirage use CB radio's for all their personnel and safety people. All race car, Push Truck's must have a CB.
I go to Bonneville almost every year. You hear the CB talk all the time. Its a pretty fun thing to listen in on.

From reading the thread, I realize CB radios aren't what they used to be. I also realize other modes of communication have taken over. That's all very obvious stuff. That wasn't the point of me asking about CBs' in your trucks. The point as stated was, I'm interested in the novelty of having one, because it is a thing of my youth back in the 70's.

When you play with and drive a classic vehicle its not always about turning that vehicle in to a totally modern convenience that's wrapped in and old skin. Its about enjoying things as they used to be. Its about remembering riding around in a pickup with your father or grandfather. Maybe growing up your neighbor across the street was always working on his truck and he used to let you watch or hand him tools. Maybe his wife would come out with a snack and a soda for both of you. These are things that imprint on a young person. Its about tradition.

Sorry got off track haha. Uh, show me your CB's and antenna set ups if you run with them =)