View Single Post
Old 08-05-2019, 06:23 PM   #319
sprint_9

Re: sprint_9's 72 C10 Project

Thanks.

The e-brake would work alot better if the oem replacement cable had a decent clamp where the pedal pulls on the cable. I used the original clamp from the original cable I had but with the replacement cable having a black outer jacket it just slips on that. I looked today and didnt really come up with anything better. I might end up fabbing something up to hold the cable in place.

I was worried about the chrome one fitting as I had seen some of the bad press they had. But the grille seems to fit ok on the fenders, it could be better. I actually had an aluminum replacement but after taking it out of the box it was dented in a bad spot. I did mock it up and I think it fit equally as poor when compared to the chrome one. I think some of the difference in getting them to bolt up is the fact that the aluminum ones can be manipulated easier since they are so flexible. Probably the biggest issue for me was that it was a little too wide on the mounting holes, I really had to force it. And the bend in the center was a little too shallow to match my hood, but I pulled that into place and bolted it so it clears. So all stuff that can be worked around.

One thing I did that turned out nice was bolting the brackets to the grille. Instead of rivets I went and bought some nice button head allen bolts, I thought that was alot nicer way of doing it.
sprint_9 is offline   Reply With Quote