View Single Post
Old 03-29-2015, 04:19 PM   #123
JTWard

Unhappy I have to do something, and fast !

I know I'm getting in on this subject a little late, But I got a hell of a problem with the brakes on my 1990 1/2 ton 2WD. I came home from visiting a Marine Buddy in a re-hab and on the way home I had to stop short and really put my right foot into it and I still wound up a part way into the cross road ?. I have replaced everything, new Husky Lite truck pads, new rotors, stainless steel brake lines , bleed the thing 3 times and still you can't get this thing to lock up the brakes, I know I have the ABS module for the back drum brakes. . . but that isn't even worth the effort to toss away as their useless. The brake pad is like stepping into soft new dug up dirt. your foot just keeps going down. It's a 1990 1500 Silverado with a 5600 weight capacity. It's got a 5.0 liter 305 V8 !

So fellows, I'm lost on this thing. I've got a 5600 pound weight rating but I'd be afraid to put a 1/4 ton or try to tow 10,700 tow capacity. I'd never be able to stop, I can't stop with an empty bed ! Please throw me some life saving info to help. I just got down a 3 year full body off restoration. I need help !
Attached Images

Last edited by JTWard; 03-29-2015 at 04:38 PM.
JTWard is offline   Reply With Quote