Thread: Vin code
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 07:15 PM   #1
unclefreddy

Vin code

Hi everyone Ive been lurking around here for quite a while and decided I should join up ! I have been looking at suburbans trying to find one that is semi rust free, has front n rear air and a clam shell rear hatch. So far I can only find 2 out of the 3 items at the most on any one vehicle. I have been intrigued by a 1967 3/4 ton 4x4 I found and here is the vin. I have had my brother-in-law look at it. He does body work and said it needs both front floor pans a little rocker work, rear quarter panel and tail light area work. Some work on the bottom of one barn door and some patches behind the front seat. He said 2 weeks worth of work in all to prep for paint. This burb is very straight and has only one very small ding on the side. Is all original and was wondering what you all thought. The owner is asking $3500 but will take $2500. I think that is to high a price for a fixer upper ? Junk yards pay around $700 for a complete vehicle around here and I think this burb is worth about $1500 to 2K or am I wrong. I don't think old suburbans are valuable as say old camaro's. The cool factor does come into play as only "120" 1967 3/4 ton 4x4 suburbans were produced and it would be nice be one of only a hand full still on the highway.
Attached Images

unclefreddy is offline   Reply With Quote