Thread: Vin code
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 12:14 AM   #10
'68OrangeSunshine

Re: Vin code

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclefreddy View Post
I'm not sure but didn't 67's have no side marker lights ?????? This burb has side markers in the rear ! I was told the only difference between a 67 and a 68 was the side marker lights and the diameter of the key switch in the dash. The vin and title both say 1967. The small diameter key bezel says 67 but the side markers in the rear have me perplexed.
That truck has '67 ['60 -'66 type] vent window latches and the '67-only flat black glovebox door, so I am sure it's a "native" '67. Unless it's a very late production '67 it should not have the side marker reflectors. Do they light up too? On the '68s the side markers are reflectors only, not lighting. It must be a PO's aftermarket modification. But why would he not put markers in the front fenders, too? Not sure when the side markers got lamped, but I have a '71 Jimmy with working side marker lights. My '68 C/10 Stepside has just the reflecting markers. Before you submit it for inspection at the next Chevy Truck _Concours d'Elegance_ you must have your sheetmetal guy smoothe that over. Just Kidding. Who cares?

Every 25 years I like to rebuild that 292, whether it needs it or not.
'68OrangeSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote