View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 01:39 AM   #5
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

Re: Markeb01 Build Thread

This was the last upgrade completed in California, the first of several gauge panels. I soon tired of the boring appearance:

This became the new garage for our first year after moving to North Idaho:

And this was our first Idaho winter. The original paint didn’t take too kindly to the blue tarp, moisture and frigid temperatures. The 2nd picture is after being dug out in the spring:

Here’s the truck wearing snow tires. It doesn’t show up too well in this photo, but the truck broke out in rust measles all over:

About this time I decided it was time to swap out the 3.90 Dana 44 rear axle for a 3.08. Not much to see except for new paint on the valve cover thin type rear axle cover. Chronic leakage caused me to seek and find a heavy steel chrome replacement cover.

The front suspension swap was up next, and is detailed in another thread:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=366828

Here’s what the truck looked like going through the transition. The installation took almost a month, because the temperature ranged from 10 below zero to just under 20 degrees above zero the whole time, limiting work periods to less than 30 minutes at a time followed by several hours of warming up. The paint measles show up a lot more prominently in these pictures:

Better weather and on to seat cover replacement. The seat was in amazing condition for its age.

Last edited by markeb01; 01-25-2012 at 06:37 PM.
markeb01 is offline   Reply With Quote