View Single Post
Old 02-28-2018, 12:55 AM   #84
Steve Van Gent

Re: Power Window Project DIY 64-66 TRUCK

UPDATED VIDEO;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9_7...ature=youtu.be

this shows my install of the retro window crank handle from Auto Loc; ALso my complaining of the PRICE!!! $100 per side; and the thing BINDS when engaged! What a low end piece of garbage, IMHO.

Speaking of low end pieces of garbage, you will see the other set of retro crank switches I bought, from Dannys Rod Shop on EBAY. these have a knurled shaft that does not even close fit my handles. My guess, fits 67-72. My loss, $139 gone.

In any case, the pass window is done on inside, now I need to run wires to ignition fused and GND.

BTW, does anyone know a good pass through that I can shuttle wires from cab to door? Something nice? I saw a spring with great mount for door and cab, wires ran through spring, I am sorry I did not buy when saw....

further, I have video coming where I do actual modification of regulator and mount motor to it for prep for drivers door, coming in next day or so.

Lastly, I may give you a sneak peak at a new product I am testing out, is a solid state module that will add one-touch express window up/down and power door lock control, also has receiver and transmitter fob for remote entry.
Steve Van Gent is offline   Reply With Quote