View Single Post
Old 01-23-2017, 03:04 PM   #82
Vinceg

Re: Fixin Dixie - 66 Short Bed Fleetside

Wow you do have your hands full! That is going to take some patience dealing with that area. Also sorry about the doors. I learned a lot from my mistakes as I went also. Just think at how good at all this stuff your going to be when it's all done. When you think that some of these areas were unprotected bare metal it's impressive that they held up as well as they did. Be careful with that POR-15. I went with a weld through primer when I was working in areas that needed protection and still had welding required. IMO the POR-15 is a better protection but I found that burning it gave me really bad headaches. I also worried about what it might be doing to my welds. The bottom of the door can be a bit of a tricky repair because of the relation to the rocker. A guy did a door repair on my brother's 69 c10 with out looking at the door gap (door was removed and on a stand) with the rocker. Long story short he has a huge door gap in the bottom of his passenger door. It really sucks when your paying what you think is a pro and they butcher your stuff. Have you tried mounting the doors to see how the gap was before you cut out all the cab structure? I'd mount the door and just see where everything is at at the moment. If it looks good proceed with the rocker instal. Then when you redo Your door repair you will have something besides measuring to line it up with. I hope what I'm trying to say makes sence. Just finished working nights not a lot of sleep.
Vinceg is offline   Reply With Quote