View Single Post
Old 06-21-2016, 04:52 PM   #60
Praxiss454

Re: Newbie thinking about diving into a '65 GMC 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerotruk63 View Post
I would invest in the GMC shop manual as there can be minor discrepancies with the Chevrolet.
Interesting, I thought the 1963 Chevy truck manual was the one to use, but you suggest the GMC maintenance manual instead? I agree w/ you about having a paper copy but I thought if I had a PDF version I could print the pages I need when I need them, without ruining the original. Plus a PDF version would be available instantly, instead of having to wait for snail mail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrichard View Post
Do you know how to remove the packard 56's from the plastic?
Those are the little metal wire connector plugs that are inside the larger plastic plug? I haven't done it before but can't be that hard. Then just wire it individually and wrap with tape or something? I was thinking of trying to find a stock plastic socket to replace the Impala part, but just reusing the packard 56s sounds simple. I'll just need to figure out which color wire goes to which pin of the ignition switch, which I assume I can find w/ some searching on this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ's Chevy View Post
Man the truck cleaned up real nice!
Thanks, there are lots of dings, scrapes, dents, and larger areas of damage but overall it seems to be in pretty good shape.

Last edited by Praxiss454; 06-21-2016 at 05:00 PM. Reason: adding info
Praxiss454 is offline   Reply With Quote