View Single Post
Old 05-12-2017, 08:54 PM   #3
chevylookin

Re: 1966 C10 3"coil drop question on the camber alignment

Hi 64jmb, now that you have me wondering, I went out and set my wheels as straight as possible and took a good hard look at the camber on my wheels and they do look like I might have a tiny bit of positive camber, which means that my outer corner of the wheels would wear quicker. I still have about 3 shims on each point that I can play around with but I really believe that if I took my truck in to get adjusted, it wouldn't be much. I've always adjusted the toe in/out and all that stuff by feel on my old cars and trucks and for my buddies a few times. It takes a few test drives but I get it to where it "feels" right and then just keep an eye on the tire tread. I had a 54 Caddy one time and rebuilt the whole front end and took it to several places to get it on the rack and computer adjusted. Everywhere I went, I was told they couldn't touch a vehicle so old as it was a liability issue. So, I said fine, adjusted it the best I could by "feel" and eyeballin' it in my driveway and drove it around for years on a set of bias ply whitewalls and never had a problem with uneven tread. Oh yeah, I cut the coils on that giant monster too.
chevylookin is offline   Reply With Quote