Old 03-21-2012, 08:39 PM   #11
dug224

Re: 1959 Fleetside

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivea55 View Post
welcome!!!

more pics!

More photos as requested....

Photo of my buddy Jerry helping remove bed. He has a '58 he got locally with serious rust and has done a great job piecing it back together. Bullets down both sides of be were rubbed out-of-round in a previous life. Will have a good bit of work get them radiused again without the use of 0.5 inches of filler. Local U-Pull-It just got a 58 Fleetside instock but they have not put it on the yard yet. Pretty rusty but will be able to get some small door parts, flat floor pan at transmission and I may rescue the big window frame for future project. If the bed is not totally shot, I may get it to repair mine or for making a matching trailer. Hood is good and they only want $30 for it. May pick it up as well.

Might have made a mistake ordering No Limit video showing the subframe install. Heard it was old. They weren't kidding. The guy is wearing a shirt with 1989 on it. Gave me a decent feel for what lies ahead but left a number of questions unanswered. It did not address the final ride height at all. Checked youtube but could not find anything except for a Ford. Are there any sources out there that explain the install better and address ride height? Maybe I get the ride height I get and deal with it with drop spindles???
Attached Images

dug224 is offline   Reply With Quote