View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 11:25 PM   #3
jocko

Re: Very strange brake dilemma!

69 mc is for a 4xdrum system, you kinda need a 71 or newer C20 mc (the C20 or heavier is important as the mc's are different between 10 and 20 - and note they are plumbed differently. In a C20, if I recall correctly, the front reservoir is for the rears and the rear reservoir is for the fronts). Also - since you put new lines, did you step down to 3/16 lines for the front disks from the 1/4 for drums? It's not absolutely required, but that is the factory arrangement for disk/drum. Your 69 booster should be fine. Did you have power brakes when it was all drums? Those are the first things that come to mind. Is your prop valve adjustable?

EDIT: Oops! Sorry Bigrig you posted much of this - I was still typing...

Regarding the rod between the booster and master - the master needs to be for power brakes - and it should be short regardless of year because the hole in the piston in the back of the mc is shallow. Manual brakes have the deep rear hole if I remember. Also, I thought (it's been awhile) that the front/rear reservoir difference existed between C10 and C20/+, not necessarily between 4x drum and disk/drum systems. Guess for this question it doesn't matter - no matter what, your front reservoir should be plumbed to the rear brakes and rear reservoir to the front - like we've both stated.

Last edited by jocko; 11-14-2017 at 11:31 PM.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote