View Single Post
Old 02-10-2019, 10:51 AM   #13
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Re: Front disk and drop question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdwagoner View Post
Wow that is sharp! Very nice looking truck! Few questions for you, if I stick with 15” wheels I’ll do what you said for dropping. If I go with a 17” vision torque wheel I could do the 2.5 spindle? What coil springs would you recommend as far as drop? Front/rear? I’m stuck between keeping rally’s vs buying new wheels and tires...

Side note, I see you have a 700r4, I do as well. How difficult was it for you to set the line pressure for correct shift points? I’m shifting into second about 10-12mph. I can’t adjust much more, I have no slack in line at idle and it’s tight at full throttle. Thanks for your input!
On the 700R4 I bought the Bowtie Overdrives TVmadeEZ throttle cable kit and their Torque Converter lock-up kit. Not cheap but worth it. The lock up kit has a brake safety switch that unlocks the TC when you apply the brakes. I set it up with a pressure gauge with the stock pressures I found online. My 700R has been in the truck since 2006 and has maybe +/-70K miles on it now. I do burn outs all the time, I should have killed it by now, but it still shifts great. I can't help it, the exhaust sounds too good and the backend is just too light.

Anything over 15" wheels and you can use the 2.5" spindle.

This is the problem I ran into and you can see I had to trim my A-Arm a bit. I wasn't happy about it. As far as springs, I installed whatever was in the ECE kit.
Attached Images

1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote