View Single Post
Old 04-19-2017, 12:12 AM   #7
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: Clutch Master Cylinder/Slave Cylinder Question

That Wilwood clutch master has a .750" bore. With an original slave cylinder you need a 1" bore clutch master. That is what I would supply in my booster bracket for the '60-'62's with the hydraulic clutch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolfool_2 View Post
I recently swapped my 61 front crossmember with a 1986 c10. As a result, i had to come up with a new setup for the clutch/brake system. I bought a Wilwood 260-1304 clutch master cylinder, thinking it would work as I have seen other members using this setup. I got it installed but it doesnt seem to be throwing the slave far enough. To get the clutch to engage, i had to adjust the clutch fork so far out that while it will fall into gear, the clutch slips so bad that its undrivable. Am i missing something in tuning this setup to work with my 61 or am i going to have to find another master cylinder with a larger bore? Really confused on what I am missing as i thought this was a recommended combination for the hydraulic clutch.
Thanks in advance.
Josh
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote