View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 09:03 PM   #5
98layinframe

Re: Current S10 build project 350 swap and 4" bodydrop

well got my back window image done.

cut our club logo out on the vinyl plotter

the mask all laidout and stuck to the window

all sand blasted

i was actually amazed at how well this worked... the edges even on the small letters are perfect!

I kinda forgot about this thread, havent been working on the truck too much but guess i should up date the thread some.
I suck at remembering to take pics while im working, but the beds mostly welded back together enough to hold its shape for now. the back wall of the bed isnt done though. I cut all the filler neck hump from the driverside floor.. and since that was never smooth the parts didnt exist, had to make them with old flat sections of the bed sides i cut out.

on the previous page I posted pics with the old hood all cut up to clear the pulleys and what not. Ended up i was able to modify a newer vortec bracket from a 2000 blazer to hold my original alt. Had to grind the sh*t out of it fit things but it works and now everything fits under a stock hood! The tensioner now sits under the alt, i got one and a new belt... but again no pics. sorry.

well long story short, the 18x8" torque thrust II's i had that fit a stock or lowered truck just fine... needless to say dont work on this thing. I had 255 45 18's mounted up and with the truck still a good 2" off the ground the tires were firmly shoved into the side of the bed skin and they were too tall.... SO i im ditching them, buying a pair of expensive ass pair of 18x9.5" torque thrusts with 4.5" backspacing, picked up a set of 275 40 18's and having the rearend narrowed about 4" per side. the stupid custom order wheels are 400 each, tires were 200 each, and getting the rearend narrowed quoted at 300... its only money right?

new tires

should look pretty good with the narrowed rear and wide meats.

also picked up a jeep steering shaft, cut it down and tucked it in there.

98layinframe is offline   Reply With Quote