View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 10:36 PM   #18
98layinframe

Re: Current S10 build project 350 swap and 4" bodydrop

well unfortunately a small change of plans... the front wheels due to the bodydrop and the camber curve of the suspension, the tires hit the fenders instead of tucking inside them. SO... time to redo some things, ditched the drop spindles and modifying the suspension to layout on a set of stock spindles.

Decided to go ahead and get started on this pain in the ass endeavor. Guess theres 2 benefits A. the camber is sexy, and B. love more suspension travel, should get about 12" of travel now assuming the bag will lift it that high.

Started cutting things apart tonight, luckily with the amount my arms and frame were already modified, if I simply run the tall lower balljoints my current suspension will layout a 29.5" tall tire! Sooooooo, if I'm thinking right since the spindle is sitting at 14 3/4" from the ground, if ya simply subtract 2" which leaves me sitting at 12 3/4" multiply that by 2 and its already taller then the 25" tires im running!

started cutting the tierod notches out. In this pic you can see the "notchless" tierods i bent up previously to layout on the 25" tires without a notch... ohh well.

and a few pics for reference and measurements.

98layinframe is offline   Reply With Quote