View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 11:06 PM   #24
98layinframe

Re: Current S10 build project 350 swap and 4" bodydrop

I should just say... I really hate this single area on a body drop truck, so much **** to stuff in a small area!

Ended up getting the tub mostly welded in, the lower half of the firewall made a cut across horizontally under the booster area and then slid the steering shaft half up 5/16" so the steering shaft would clear the upper arm without rubbing at all. Then since the 350 is positioned back so far in the compartment I ended up pushing the firewall back behind the motor. The gas pedal section of the firewall was moved back 1" and also up over 2" so I shouldn't have to modify the pedal assembly "to much".

Worked tonight on cutting and shaping the center firewall section of sheet metal to form to the multiple angles there. The card board piece is just the next section to work on later this week... as you can see it also is moved back 1.5" from the stock location.

lastly another pic of how the center of the cross member was sectioned down 1".

worked a couple evenings this week and got most of the firewall done, next section moved back behind the motor.

passenger side tub fitted and starting to weld it in.

made and welded in the little filler panel between the motor and wheel tub sections. Also got the top wiper cowl section moved back to clear the dizzy. It clears the wiper arm by 1/16"

Picked up a nice set of used 245 50 15 BFG g-force sport tires for 30 bucks (included mounting) for the cheap set of 16's the trucks going to sit on for ****ty weather cruising, and while it sits out in the driveway. Not about to let my nice billet TTII's sit out and get all corroded.

and thats pretty much where I am currently. I did modify the motor mount "adapters" so that I could slide the motor back another 1". That being said, the motor is sitting about 2.5"-3" back further on the frame then normally on a V8 swapped S10 which hopefully should help with weight distribution for the more optimal 50/50%.