View Single Post
Old 08-13-2018, 03:25 PM   #136
Cautrell05

Re: It's my turn, 47 S10 build

Little bit of progress this weekend. Got all the pipes for the crossmember in the middle of the x-brace trimmed notched and Tack welded into place. Next step is to drill holes in the straps that go over top of the crossbar for the transmission mount. I'm going to weld them and partially so I don't have to worry about the chassis flexing and cracking the tack welds and I'll do all the Finish welding after I pull the cab off.

The hydroboost I'm planning on using has a large nut that attaches it to the flange that normally bolts to the firewall. There wasn't really room for the flange without some big awkward bracket but the curve of the bar fit right underneath it and I'll just cut a flat plate and weld it on to the crossmember. From there it's just a matter of feed it through the hole and tighten up the nut.

The master cylinder I'm planning on using is for I believe a 2005 Chevy pickup. It does not leave a lot of room between the filler cap in the floor of the cab. But the reservoir is about twice as large as a regular master cylinder and it has a low level sensor built into it that I can tie into the parking brake light on the dash.

Nick
Attached Images

My 47/S10 build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=679723

Last edited by Cautrell05; 08-13-2018 at 05:26 PM.
Cautrell05 is offline   Reply With Quote