View Single Post
Old 01-22-2019, 02:41 PM   #148
Cautrell05

Re: It's my turn, 47 S10 build

So I made some good progress this weekend. First up was the broken Hood bolt from three years ago that I have been putting off. Every one of them came out really really hard and I got a little impatient on the last one and twisted it off in the hood. I had been dreading the part of removing it mainly just because if I screwed it up that meant ether finding a new hood which I have heard do not fit very well or trying to source another original hood and pray it's in usable shape or not cost a fortune. It actually went pretty well. I took my Dremel and ground all the rust off of just the bolt but left it on all the surrounding metal. I then welded a piece of coat hanger to a large washer to use as a handle. I would have used my vice grips but I left them at work. My at home tool selection really sucks some days.welded the washer to the head of what was left of the bolt and then afterwards welded and out onto the washer. It took several minutes of wrenching it back and forth to finally get it worked all the way out but it came out on the first try so that's a win. Ran a tap through all the holes so the threads are clean and attempted to bolt on the hinges only to find out that the new hinge bolt set that I got are all staggered sizes and only two of the six are correct for my hinges. Still working on figuring out what happened there.
Attached Images

My 47/S10 build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=679723
Cautrell05 is offline   Reply With Quote