View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 11:30 AM   #23
cableguy0

Re: Throttle Mashing hesitation?

OK first thing first. The codes you have can definately cause your issues. You need to trace the wires from the oxygen sensor and make sure they arent burnt or broken. Chances are the o2 is bad at that age but you always need to check the wiring and connector. The egr system is probably clogged up. unbolt the egr and look in the ports i would imagine they are gummed up pretty bad. You will need to test the egr and clean the ports out in the intake. The Iac is another thing thats likely gummed up and clogged. That could cause your high idle as well. The iac is nothing more than a poppet valve. unscrew it out of the side of the throttle body and check those ports as well. DO NOT pull the plunger out manually on the iac you will ruin it. It has a very short stroke and you will pull it out beyond its normal movement. Im sure its filthy inside as well. You will need a good foaming cleaner to get all the crud out. I would also say if it hasnt been done recently do a complete tune up. cap rotor plugs wires and even a coil just because of the high mileage its worn out. Make sure you buy decent ignition parts or you will be doing it again. I prefer to run the factory stuff bc the parts store junk never lasts especially the wires.
Owner of North Point Car Care in Dundalk Md. We specialize in custom exhaust on both modern and classic vehicles. We are a full service auto shop from classics to modern vehicles. Feel free to contact me with questions. I will give a 10% discount to any board member.
cableguy0 is offline   Reply With Quote