View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 06:07 PM   #25
BMERDOC

Re: Project Cheap Thrills!

So I feel good enough about the drivability of the truck that I thought I would look closer at the body.
I went to Lowe's and got a coupla long sponge sanding blocks and made my way around the truck. Umm....yeah this ain't gonna be easy. After my initial scuff up I started on the roof beacause of all the surface rust. I started scraping the caulk outta the gutter thinkin it was just gonna pop out. Wrong! That stuff is in there. What do I use to loosen it? I scrubbed the entire roof with a wire brush then blew it off with my leaf blower (my only compressed air at home ). I scrubbed it with the sponge and back and forth between tools. I finished off with some Loctite rust converter until I can remove the rest off the caulk and address the dog sh*t roof repair done previously. The paintless dent removal guy at work is gonna fix a lot of the dings and drag dents but I will have to eventually do some patch repair.
I have settled on a temporarily permanent paint color...Flat white. All my cars have been dark and white was high on my list so I wanna shoot it and see how I like it. I do intend to rattle can it for now and after some body repairs and plug welding I will shoot it with some reduced Rustoleum Flat White in the quart can
Attached Images

2WD C10 Modern/Performance Alignments
Easiest Alignment Ever!
BMERDOC is offline   Reply With Quote