View Single Post
Old 12-25-2011, 10:38 AM   #25
mud slut 350

Re: Tranny / tcase problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyLarry View Post

No way. The side bracket creates more problems that it saves, which is why GM quit using on trucks build after ‘72. That is information straight from a retired GM truck engineer. The support rod between the tcase and trans bellhousing is not a bad idea to add but still not required.
Aggreed. on all my K5s that ive had and the k10 i have now never had ANY braces from the t case. Thought about puttin that bar back on when i added the 465 but never got around to it never had any problems with any of them. Then need to flex.

QUOTE: DirtyLarry you can call BS, but this is the voice of experience. I shatter my trans casing and that was with the frame attachment. I was just giving my two cents.

Thats why it broke there was no give between engine, trans, and tcase with ur t case tied to the frame so it gave way at the weakest link a.k.a that adapter with the 4 bolts to the trans without it being tied to the frame the eng trans and t case torque as a whole on the engine and trans mounts. think about it this way. you have a peice of paper write engine on one end, trans in the middle and tcase on the end. grab each end and pull it kinda snug twist the side with the engine written on it simulating torque from the engine, and leave the t case side still simulating it being bolted to the frame. Where does the twisting occure? in the middle or the "trans". now that same peice of paper twist again and let the t case side twist with the engine side simulating it being on rubber bushings and theres no stree in the middle. All the stress goes to the eng mounts and the trans mounts once they bottom out the bushings and set on the solid frame. Now nothing can flex any more than something else its all one solid peice. Hope it helps ya get the picture 1 ton

2007 cbr 1000rr

Last edited by mud slut 350; 12-25-2011 at 10:45 AM.
mud slut 350 is offline   Reply With Quote