View Single Post
Old 03-15-2017, 12:12 PM   #11
MASTERBrian

Re: T350 kickdown cable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGSigns View Post
All we ever did for a T350 was put a bolt in the bottom hole in the carb and slide the linkage over it. Put a lock not on it to keep it on there. The adjust the mount till it kicked down like we wanted.
Jimmy
So, no reason for the 8026 bracket. I'm still perplexed at the mount on the manifold, I'm thinking it might be for the LS motor. For some reason though, I have been sitting on the EXACT same bracket, minus the piece for the kickdown cable, since I built this motor 20yrs ago. No clue what tranny was in the truck it was slated for, but the engine was the same. I guess end of day, it shouldn't matter if I can get the bracket to work, everything will end up ok.

I'll try to upload a picture later...I'm hoping just drilling some holes higher up is ok.

I don't have the throttle cable ran yet, as I still have to modify the throttle pedal a little and run a hole through the firewall for it. I am going with a 70's pedal with cable vs the 60's throttle rod. There was another bracket, which might have worked better, in hindsight, but it actually gets bad reviews...
MASTERBrian is offline   Reply With Quote