View Single Post
Old 11-18-2002, 07:50 PM   #23
ElGracho
Gentleman Jim Driver

Errors in magazine articles...

I hate to bring this up because the information just provided by Swervin Ervin and others is so cool look at and a great resource for anyone trying to figure out the history of these trucks, BUT there is some misinforation out there. The best example I can point out is that in this ariticle: Big 10 Page 4 It makes the claim that ALL Big 10's (and one might infer Heavy Halfs) had a 454. This is just not true, ask BIG 10.

Like I mentioned in a previous post, I was surprised to learn about the Amarilllo edition, I'm certainly not trying to say I know everything, but I just wonder if that truck ever really made production. Has anyone seen one of these in person?

The problem is, I don't really know what to take for the "truth." There seem to be so many possible combinations that it's hard to prove that something never existed or even always existed.

Anyhow, I love learning more about the history of these trucks and the more I learn, the more there is to know. Keep it comin!
'85 Chev C10 Short Wide - Super plain Vortec 4.8 4L60E trans
also: '81 K30, '83 C30 Crew Dually, '84 M1028 CUCV, '85 M1009 CUCV, another '85 C10 SWB, '89 R3500 Flatbed
ElGracho is offline   Reply With Quote